Big city mountaineers
*Georgina is currently a board member at Big City Mountaineers.
Big City Mountaineers transforms the lives of under-served youth through wilderness mentoring expeditions that instill critical life skills. We partner with community-based youth organizations and caring adult volunteers who act as mentors in the field to help young people realize their potential. Our curriculum improves self-esteem, responsibility, decision-making abilities and communication skills in close to 1,000 youth annually. BCM has a proven track record of improving young peoples’ lives with:
• Increased likeliness to stay in school
• Reduction in violence
• Reduction in drug use
We’d like to send a little love to all the people and brands who made this trip and film possible.
- Climbers: Georgina Miranda, Emma Walker, Elizabeth Williams and Jessica Hamel
- Filmmaker: Josh Vertucci of Vertucci Visual
- Guides: Mountain Professionals
- Brand Sponsors: La Sportiva, Deuter and NEMO Equipment
Inspired? You can head out on your own adventure and help introduce under-resourced youth to the #poweroftheoutdoors, too. Sign up to become a Summit for Someone climber.